11 Definitions of Compound
The definition of compound, the meaning of the word Compound:
Is compound a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - A whole formed by a union of two or more elements or parts
- n. - (chemistry) a substance formed by chemical union of two or more elements or ingredients in definite proportion by weight
- n. - An enclosure of residences and other building (especially in the Orient)
- v. - Make more intense, stronger, or more marked
- v. - Put or add together
- v. - Calculate principal and interest
- v. - Create by mixing or combining
- v. - Combine so as to form a whole; mix
- adj. - Composed of more than one part
- adj. - Consisting of two or more substances or ingredients or elements or parts
- adj. - Composed of many distinct individuals united to form a whole or colony
Compound is worth 15 points in Scrabble, and 20 points in Words with Friends
There are 8 letters in compound: C D M N O O P U
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to compound:
75 words found using the letters in "Compound"
6 Letter Words
5 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words
Sign up for our Free Scrabble Words newsletter. We won't send you spam or share your email address with anyone. We Promise.