Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
17 Definitions of Active
The definition of active, the meaning of the word Active:
Is active a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - Chemical agent capable of activity
- n. - The voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is performing the action or causing the happening denoted by the verb
- n. - A person who is a participating member of an organization
- adj. - Tending to become more severe or wider in scope
- adj. - Engaged in or ready for military or naval operations
- adj. - Disposed to take action or effectuate change
- adj. - Taking part in an activity
- adj. - Characterized by energetic activity
- adj. - Exerting influence or producing a change or effect
- adj. - Full of activity or engaged in continuous activity
- adj. - In operation
- adj. - (of the sun) characterized by an increased occurrence of sunspots and flares and radio emissions
- adj. - Expressing that the subject of the sentence has the semantic function of actor: "Hemingway favors active constructions"
- adj. - (used of verbs (e.g. `to run') and participial adjectives (e.g. `running' in `running water')) expressing action rather than a state of being
- adj. - (of e.g. volcanos) capable of erupting
- adj. - (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt
- adj. - Engaged in full-time work
Active is worth 11 points in Scrabble, and 13 points in Words with Friends
There are 6 letters in active: A C E I T V
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to active:
38 words found using the letters in "Active"
5 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words