Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
7 Definitions of Quenching
The definition of quenching, the meaning of the word Quenching:
Is quenching a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - The act of extinguishing; causing to stop burning
- v. - Satisfy (thirst)
- v. - Put out, as of fires, flames, or lights
- v. - Electronics: suppress (sparking) when the current is cut off in an inductive circuit, or suppress (an oscillation or discharge) in a component or device
- v. - Suppress or crush completely
- v. - Reduce the degree of (luminescence or phosphorescence) in (excited molecules or a material) by adding a suitable substance
- v. - Cool (hot metal) by plunging into cold water or other liquid
Quenching is worth 24 points in Scrabble, and 28 points in Words with Friends
There are 9 letters in quenching: C E G H I N N Q U
62 words found using the letters in "Quenching"
7 Letter Words
6 Letter Words
5 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words