Yes, roll is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 4 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Roll is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
33 definitions of the word 'roll'.
- Move by turning over or rotating
- Move along on or as if on wheels or a wheeled vehicle
- Occur in soft rounded shapes
- Flatten or spread with a roller
- Emit, produce, or utter with a deep prolonged reverberating sound
- Arrange or or coil around
- Begin operating or running
- Shape by rolling
- Execute a roll, in tumbling
- Sell something to or obtain something from by energetic and especially underhanded activity
- Move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion
- Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
- Move, rock, or sway from side to side
- Cause to move by turning over or in a circular manner of as if on an axis
- Pronounce with a roll, of the phoneme /r/
- Boil vigorously
- Take the shape of a roll or cylinder
- Show certain properties when being rolled
- Rotary motion of an object around its own axis
- A list of names
- A long heavy sea wave as it advances towards the shore
- Photographic film rolled up inside a container to protect it from light
- A round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
- A roll of currency notes (often taken as the resources of a person or business etc.)
- Small rounded bread either plain or sweet
- A deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells)
- The sound of a drum (especially a snare drum) beaten rapidly and continuously
- A document that can be rolled up (as for storage)
- Anything rolled up in cylindrical form
- The act of throwing dice
- Walking with a swaying gait
- A flight maneuver; aircraft rotates about its longitudinal axis without changing direction or losing altitude
- The act of rolling something (as the ball in bowling)
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in roll?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to roll:
There are 4 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'roll'.