Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
17 Definitions of Stays
The definition of stays, the meaning of the word Stays:
Is stays a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - A woman's close-fitting foundation garment
- n. - Continuing or remaining in a place or state
- n. - The state of inactivity following an interruption
- n. - A judicial order forbidding some action until an event occurs or the order is lifted
- n. - A thin strip of metal or bone that is used to stiffen a garment (e.g. a corset)
- n. - (nautical) brace consisting of a heavy rope or wire cable used as a support for a mast or spar
- v. - Stay the same; remain in a certain state
- v. - Stay put (in a certain place); we are not moving to Cincinnati"
- v. - Dwell
- v. - Continue in a place, position, or situation
- v. - Remain behind
- v. - Stop or halt
- v. - Stay behind
- v. - Hang on during a trial of endurance
- v. - Stop a judicial process
- v. - Fasten with stays
- v. - Overcome or allay
Stays is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 7 points in Words with Friends
There are 5 letters in stays: A S S T Y
1 Anagram of Stays
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to stays:
15 words found using the letters in "Stays"
5 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words