Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
22 Definitions of Well
The definition of well, the meaning of the word Well:
Is well a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - A deep hole or shaft dug or drilled to obtain water or oil or gas or brine
- n. - A cavity or vessel used to contain liquid
- n. - An abundant source
- n. - An open shaft through the floors of a building (as for a stairway)
- n. - An enclosed compartment in a ship or plane for holding something as e.g. fish or a plane's landing gear or for protecting something as e.g. a ship's pumps
- v. - Come up, as of a liquid
- adj. - In good health especially after having suffered illness or injury; at least I feel well"
- adj. - Resulting favorably
- adj. - Wise or advantageous and hence advisable
- adv. - (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well')
- adv. - Thoroughly or completely; fully; often used as a combining form
- adv. - Indicating high probability; in all likelihood
- adv. - (used for emphasis or as an intensifier) entirely or fully
- adv. - To a suitable or appropriate extent or degree
- adv. - Favorably; with approval
- adv. - To a great extent or degree
- adv. - With great or especially intimate knowledge
- adv. - With prudence or propriety
- adv. - With skill or in a pleasing manner
- adv. - In a manner affording benefit or advantage
- adv. - In financial comfort
- adv. - Without unusual distress or resentment; with good humor
Well is worth 7 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
There are 4 letters in well: E L L W
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to well:
3 words found using the letters in "Well"
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words