Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
11 Definitions of Gauge
The definition of gauge, the meaning of the word Gauge:
Is gauge a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity such as the thickness of wire or the amount of rain etc.
- n. - Accepted or approved instance or example of a quantity or quality against which others are judged or measured or compared
- n. - The distance between the rails of a railway or between the wheels of a train
- n. - The thickness of wire
- n. - Diameter of a tube or gun barrel
- v. - Judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time)
- v. - Rub to a uniform size
- v. - Determine the capacity, volume, or contents of by measurement and calculation
- v. - Measure precisely and against a standard
- v. - Adapt to a specified measurement
- v. - Mix in specific proportions
Gauge is worth 7 points in Scrabble, and 10 points in Words with Friends
There are 5 letters in gauge: A E G G U
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to gauge:
9 words found using the letters in "Gauge"
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words