Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
Yes, roots is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 5 points in Scrabble, and 5 points in Words with Friends
1. Take root and begin to grow
2. Come into existence, originate
3. Plant by the roots
4. Dig with the snout
5. Become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style
6. Cause to take roots
1. The condition of belonging to a particular place or group by virtue of social or ethnic or cultural lineage
2. (botany) the usually underground organ that lacks buds or leaves or nodes; absorbs water and mineral salts; usually it anchors the plant to the ground
3. The place where something begins, where it springs into being
4. (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed
5. A number that, when multiplied by itself some number of times, equals a given number
6. The set of values that give a true statement when substituted into an equation
7. Someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent)
8. A simple form inferred as the common basis from which related words in several languages can be derived by linguistic processes
9. The part of a tooth that is embedded in the jaw and serves as support
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in roots?
5 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words