Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
18 Definitions of Tie
The definition of tie, the meaning of the word Tie:
Is tie a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front
- n. - A social or business relationship
- n. - Equality of score in a contest
- n. - A horizontal beam used to prevent two other structural members from spreading apart or separating
- n. - A fastener that serves to join or connect
- n. - The finish of a contest in which the score is tied and the winner is undecided
- n. - (music) a slur over two notes of the same pitch; indicates that the note is to be sustained for their combined time value
- n. - One of the cross braces that support the rails on a railway track
- n. - A cord (or string or ribbon or wire etc.) with which something is tied
- v. - Fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord
- v. - Finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.
- v. - Limit or restrict to
- v. - Connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
- v. - Form a knot or bow in
- v. - Create social or emotional ties
- v. - Perform a marriage ceremony
- v. - Make by tying pieces together
- v. - Unite musical notes by a tie
Tie is worth 3 points in Scrabble, and 3 points in Words with Friends
There are 3 letters in tie: E I T
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to tie:
3 words found using the letters in "Tie"
2 Letter Words